It is necessary that people from overseas continue to visit Japan, meet the locals, learn their struggles and report the situation. But what should we do about radiation while we travel there? We wanted to create a travel guide to avoid radiation available in English. Some of the questions we came up are:
- Is this something we can ignore in the short-term visit?
- Is it really safe to travel there right now?
- If so, what are the precautions we should know about?
- What about food?
- Is it okay to drink water?
- Any possibilities of more radiation releases?
We attempt to find guidance to these questions. We also believe that this is a way to learn and imagine what it is like to live under the radioactive contamination. What happened in Fukushima and especially the social situation post-Fukushima, can happen anywhere.
The nature of this project is that it will keep changing. Your insights and support are necessary to keep this project alive.
Todos Somos Japon